Friday, May 22, 2009

32 Weeks

This week started out a little different. I woke up Monday morning after having some cramps and a tight tummy. I continued to get up Tuesday morning with a tight tummy just thinking the babies were growing and my tummy was probably stretching. Well Wednesday morning I decided to call the doctor to tell them what I was experiencing. They told me to come in, thought i might be having contractions. I got to the hospital at noon and they hook me up to the stress test to track the babies heart beat and notice that I am having contractions about every 2-3 minutes. The nurse checked me and I was dilated 1 cm. Too early for this to be happening. They started me on an IV and then put me magnesium sulfate which is a muscle relaxer. I was on that all night and then they took me off at noon. Doc checked me in the morning and i was still 1 cm dilated and my cervix was starting to thin. He put me on a blood pressure medicine that has a side effect of slowing/stopping contractions. They did slow down to 4-5 mins, then 6-8 then i was having maybe 4 an hour. By around 6:30 the contractions had pretty much stopped and i was released to go home....on strict bed rest until the babies arrive. I am on an antibiotic and the blood pressure medicine. I pray that they stay in for at least 2.5 to 3 weeks as their lungs are getting ready yet to enter the world.

We also had our scheduled ultra sound that was very refreshing. The babies continue to look great, growing at the same pace and weighing almost 4.5 lbs each :) I have to say that I was overly relieved to have such great nurses taking care of me. God has continued his journey with a little bump in the road, but he answered many prayers while we were in the hospital. Please continue to keep our family and babies in your thoughts and prayers. I thank each one of you for your continued support.

I have a check up on Tuesday, I will make sure to update you after that. My picture taking this week got a little delayed. I will add some on the next update.

Much Love Grant, Chas, Daisy & Babies Arnoldink

0 comments: